Get Treatment

Get the help you need to live a healthy and full life.

North Carolina

If you are in Durham, Wake, Johnston or Cumberland County, click here for a list of MAT providers or call Alliance Behavioral Healthcare’s 24-Hour Access and Information Line:

(800) 510-9132

Durham County Department of Public Health has published a guide to harm reduction, treatment, housing and more.

All other NC counties: The NC Department of Health and Human Services Crisis Solutions Initiative provides a search-by-county tool that will help you find resources in your county.

More Powerful NC also has a list of resources for treatment and supporting others in recovery.

You may also use our online
Provider Search Tool

Alliance partners with over 2200 private providers to offer a diverse variety of innovative, high-quality services and supports.


The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) maintains several tools to help people find the resources they need.

SAMHSA’s National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357) (TTY: 1-800-487-4889)

This Helpline provides 24-hour free and confidential treatment referral and information about mental and/or substance use disorders, prevention, and recovery in English and Spanish.

Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator: Find alcohol, drug, or mental health treatment facilities and programs around the country at

Buprenorphine Physician & Treatment Program Locator: Find information on locating physicians and treatment programs authorized to treat opioids, such as heroin or prescription pain relievers.

Opioid Treatment Program Directory: Find treatment programs in your state that treat addiction and dependence on opioids, such as heroin or prescription pain relievers.

For Veterans:

The US Department of Veteran’s Affairs provides a Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Program Locator. VA Medical Centers without a specific SUD Program do offer SUD Treatment. Contact your local VA Medical Center and ask for the Mental Health clinic.

Many Vet Centers and VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics also offer SUD treatment.

The VA also operates a 24/7 Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1).

Share This